An enthusiastic Python developer
Hi, I'm Nejc, the tech lead at Niteo, a remote-first SaaS company with team members from the UK, Slovenia, Romania, Ukraine, and the Philippines. We live and breathe Open Source: you can read about how we work in our public Handbook and on our blog. We're self-funded, growing organically and looking for help keeping our customers happy.
Our main project is a fully automated WordPress hosting platform called Easy Blog Networks. Our upcoming project WooCart is also based on Wordpress: we say it's "WooCommerce-as-a-Service" and our goal is to make WooCommerce as approachable as Shopify.
And that's where you come in!
Most of our back office systems (control panel, billing, user management, technical support, etc.) are built on Pyramid, a Python Web framework. We're looking for someone who is well versed in Python Web and related technologies (Pyramid, SQLAlchemy, Celery, alembic, etc). The main two tasks at hand are:
1. Modernizing Easy Blog Networks codebase: upgrade to latest Python and Pyramid, move from zc.buildout to pipenv, start using black and gradually introduce type hinting.
2. Bring pyramid_openapi3 to production quality.
Our codebase is well documented, well formatted and enjoys 100% test coverage.
It is our belief that the ratio of women and/or people of color in tech teams should be higher. We believe diversity has its challenges, but the benefits far outweigh them. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply for this position.
Why work with us?
You will be regarded as a responsible and reliable adult. We put a lot of trust in you and give you the autonomy to do your job the best you can. You receive the training you need to do the job, then we set your goals and define your tasks together. After that, you plan and organize yourself. You set your own work schedule. You work on days you want to and from where you want to. You tell us when you go on a vacation and for how long.
In the end, you are judged on your results and how well you work with your peers. If you need someone to always tell you what to do and how to do it, then it's best you find something else.
What we're expecting:
- Ample Python experience: We run over a dozen customer-facing and internal apps written in Pyramid with just a small team and we do this by focusing on writing clean and as bug-free as possible Python code.
- Fluent in English: we are from around the globe and all our communication is in English.
- Eagerness to learn: we're a nimble team and you'll have to learn completely new things a couple of times every year.
What you get in return:
- Competitive pay with quarterly profit sharing among employees.
- Paid conferences, courses, books, and gadgets.
- Lots of growth opportunities.
- Friendly coworkers from whom you'll learn a ton and who are all great people.
- 22 days of paid vacation per year, paid overtime, paid sick leave.